The first few years after a new console generation present some challenges to game developers. When should they stop supporting the previous generation and move on to the current one? Destroy All Humans! 2 - Reprobed launched on Xbox Series S|X, PlayStation 5, and Steam at the end of August last year. Earlier this year, Black Forest Games and THQ Nordic announced that the previous generation versions would go forward without multiplayer modes. Nearly a year after the current gen versions, Destroy All Humans 2 - Reprobed Single Player is finally available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
All versions of Destroy All Humans 2! - Reprobed see the alien protagonist, Crypto, return in the 1960s to thwart the KGB agents who destroyed his mothership. Gameplay takes place primary on-foot as a third-person shooter, but players will also pilot Crypto's UFO against humanity's ground forces. The series is known for its dark humor and satirical portrayals of human culture.
Destroy All Humans! 2 - Reprobed: Single Player Features:
- Destroy All Humans! 2 - Reprobed: Single Player includes ONLY the single-player campaign
- Includes all content from the Skin-Pack DLC and the skins from "Destroy All Humans! (2020)"
- Includes all content from the Challenge Accepted-DLC (without multi-player functionality)
Destroy All Humans! 2 - Reprobed: Single Player sells for $29.99 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. It is playable on Xbox Series S|X and PlayStation 5, but won't include multiplayer content or current-gen enhancements.
Destroy All Humans! 2 - Reprobed (Current Gen and PC versions) Features:
- Show those hippies who's boss using classic weapons and new technology like the Meteor Shower
- Explore 1960’s Mother Earth and unload your trusty saucer all over her fictional cities
- Defend a much larger, much more open world from those who seek to undermine your mission
- Hoover up humans from different countries and grind them up into DNA cocktails to upgrade your skills
- Invite a friend over for a twosome and enjoy the full story in local 2-player split screen co-op
If you've got the hardware to run it, the current gen version is clearly the one to get. Still, it's nice that gamers with old consoles can still experience the game in some form; it could have been canceled instead.
Current-gen co-op screenshot
Destroy All Humans 2! - Reprobed sells for $39.99 on Xbox Series S|X, PlayStation 5, and Steam. The Steam version is currently on sale for half off, but be warned that store reviews warn of major performance issues.