SEGA's announced that Phantasy Star Portable 2 for the PSP will hit North American and Europe this fall. Sequel to Phantasy Star Portable (a game that we felt had plenty of co-op goodness), SEGA's promising the game will have double the amount of content compared to previous Phantasy Star games.
Here's some of the tidbits of info from the blog announcement:
* The plot takes place three years after the end of the story missions of Phantasy Star Universe
* The game will feature 4-player online co-op (in addition to the single-player game) via Ad-hoc and Infrastructure modes
* It will also contain Battle and Challenge missions adapted from the original Phantasy Star Online
* Combat has been enhanced with new features and abilities while still maintaining the Phantasy Star series action-style
* There will be new characters as well as returning favorites, 100+ missions, 170+ enemies and bosses, and 2,000+ weapons and items
We'll be sure to keep you posted as we learn more.