Every posse needs a plan in the Wild West, and the world of Red Dead Redemption is no different. With new, free Co-op DLC, it's best you play it just right to get the best possible bang for your (free) buck. Rockstar Games wants to help you get the most out of your Red Dead Redemption co-op experience, and they've offered this handy guide to get you and your posse through the storm.
- Keep everyone together and appoint a leader. If you want to stay alive and complete the missions with a Gold goal in mind, it can't be every man for himself. Always keep in mind the key word, "cooperative".
- Watch for fallen posse members and revive them if needed. The game will let you know in large letters in the center of the screen when a member of your posse has fallen. Run over to the person and revive them by pressing Triangle on PlayStation 3 or Y on Xbox 360.
- Use cover to regenerate health if your screen turns red. Look for rocks, hills, stagecoaches... whatever you can find to hide behind.
- Be careful when approaching a fallen friend as you may need to take out nearby enemies to avoid the same fate. Your teammate died for a reason, and it might just be at the hands of that enemy that's manning the Gatling gun around the corner.
- If you take the reins of a stagecoach, hold 'A' on the Xbox 360 or 'X' on the PlayStation 3 while aiming. This will keep the stagecoach automatically steering and moving down the correct path, allowing you to concentrate on shooting. This works in both single player and multiplayer.
- Choose the right class for the particular mission you're about to enter. For example, while Miner is great for Walton's Gold, it's likely not the best class for The River or The Herd.
- The class 'No Holds Barred' is only available in Advanced Cooperative Missions. In order to unlock Advanced Cooperative Missions, you must first play through and beat each of the six normal Cooperative Missions.