Dungeon Defenders is out this month. It's hard to believe it's come so far from when we first saw it as a simple game called Dungeon Defense. Developer Trendy Entertainment recently released a video highlighting one of the four Defenders, the Apprentice (the other three being Huntress, Monk, and Squire):
The apprentice's unique skills and abilities are as follows:
- Blockade ‐ Blocks enemies, slowing their progress, while also stealing whatever elemental alignment the enemy has.
- Magic Missile Tower ‐ Shoots rapid‐fire bolts of arcane magic. Although weak standing alone, they can be deadly in numbers.
- Fireball Tower ‐ Erupts with slow but powerful balls of flame that splash enemies with fire damage.
- Lightning Tower ‐ Blasts out bolts of lightning that links from target to target, temporarily stunning enemies with electrifying results.
- Deadly Striker Tower ‐ Unleashes deathly fast and accurate energy blasts over long distances and through walls, but with a slow rate of fire.
- Overcharge ‐ Dramatically reduces the time it takes to cast any of your magical abilities.
- Mana Bomb ‐ Releases a massive shockwave of energy, devastating all nearby enemies.
- Charge Attack ‐ The Apprentice can charge his staff with intense energy to release an extra‐powerful magic bolt that can damage multiple enemies.
- Knockback Attack ‐ The Apprentice charge his staff with kinetic energy to release a knock‐back shockwave that will send nearby enemies flying.
The game is currently available for pre-order via digital distributors D2D, Steam, Impulse, and GamersGate for $10, but with them all having a sale right now for about $9. There are plans to release it on Xbox Live Arcade and PSN very soon as well.