After the slew of DLC releases in rapid succession for Red Dead Redemption, there were a few issues that piled up. It looks like an update is now live to fix little things like being able to play with people in Japan, and not having to restart every time you switch from single player to multi-player.
Be warned the issues fixed list is pretty lengthy to read, but amazing to experience once they're all updated. All of these fixes are awesome, but we especially love the ones that optimize co-op lobby screens, fix rebooting issues, and don’t exclude any nations for any buggy reasons.
Red Dead Redemption:
- The game no longer reboots when switching from MP to SP, or from regular SP to MP. Going to the main menu from any mode or leaving Undead Nightmare single player mode will still reboot (except Japan).
- Lasso will now retract properly when thrown while riding fast on a horse.
- Removed display message saying "This horse is now your trusty steed" when you hitch a horse that you already own.
- Re-enabled world-wide multiplayer compatibility with Japan.
- Fix for failing and retrying the mission You Shall Not Give False Testimony, Except for Profit where attempting to shoot the skull prevents John from using his gun until switching to an unarmed state and back.
- Fix for Land Grab multiplayer mode where occasionally the match will start with the timer at 500 and the game doesn't end and no XP is awarded.
- Fix for player becoming stuck indefinitely when sitting at a certain Liar's Dice chair in Casa Madrugada.
- Fix for the host entering an unresponsive loading screen when client opts to join another session as the lobby timer reaches 0 seconds.
- Fix for picking up opponents bag at the same time as it is returned to their chest, during a game of Grab the Bag.
- Fix for issue that causes multiple mine carts to appear when replaying Gaptooth Gang Hideout.
- Fix for selecting private Free Roam during a barker countdown, which was causing a constant load.
Undead Nightmare DLC:
- The Gunslinger Achievement/Trophy now recognizes zombies as enemies.
- Fixed a disparity in the headshots and undead headshots stat when shooting zombie animals.
- Fix for meter not advancing during Undead Overrun when one player leaves the game in progress.
- Fix for player occasionally bonding with undead horses and the Four Horses of the Apocalypse.
- Fix for occasional crashing or freezing in the Las Hermanas area & during the mission Mother Superior Blues.
Liars & Cheats DLC:
- Fix for player becoming stuck indefinitely when sitting at certain Liar's Dice chairs.
- Fix for issues when a user is removed from a Liar's Dice session due to connection issues with other players, but the camera remains in the dice game while the player is returned to Free Roam or chooses other game modes.
- Fix for issues with obtaining The Big Bluff Achievement (Xbox 360 only).
Undead Nightmare Disc:
- Original Game mode option removed from main menu.
- Fix for 75 second delay before displaying an error message when installing on a system with a completely full hard disk (PS3 only).”