We get a lot of press material regarding computer and console accessories and hardware. Some of it is co-op related, some if it is just generally cool. We're all gamers and geeks so its hard not to oggle at some of these sexy devices. So to share that with you, we'll be posting round-ups of cool hardware from time to time that we've gotten.
Up first is a set of portable speakers from Razer, famous for their gaming mice. The speakers are called the Razer Ferox and are designed to be packed up with your gaming laptop on the go. This is a nice alternative to using a headset and the specs and features on them look downright impressive.
- 360° omnidirectional sound for all round clarity
- Expanded bass resonance chamber for powerful bass
- Digital amplification for enhanced power efficiency
- Compatible with any media player with a 3.5mm jack
- 30mm drivers for exceptional audio quality
- Rechargeable non-replaceable in-built batteries
- Up to 12 hours of playback
- Play and charge simultaneously
- LED battery status indicator for easy monitoring
- Seamless switch between On/Off-mode
- Carrying pouch for maximum portability
Price is $59.99.
Another product just announced from Razer is an update to their Deathadder gaming mouse product line. The Deathadder Black Edition is a brand new gaming mouse with plenty of features and performance. The one thing I like about these mice, being a lefty myself, is they are work equally as well for both lefty and righties.
- Ergonomic right-handed design
- 3500dpi Razer Precision 3.5G infrared sensor
- 1000Hz Ultrapolling / 1ms response
- 5 independently programmable Hyperesponse buttons
- On-the-Fly Sensitivity adjustments
- 60 – 120 inches per second and 15g of acceleration
- Zero-acoustic Razer gaming grade Ultraslick mouse feet
- Gold-plated USB connector
- 7-ft lightweight, braided fiber cable
- Side Grip with Non-Slip Rubber Coating
- Approx. size in mm: 128(L) x 70(w) x 42.5(h)
Price is $59.99
Astro have announced a new version of their famous A40 headsets. The new headsets have been tweaked for 2011 with a few design changes. The press material claims an improved microphone, with the ability to filter out ambient noise better, as well as improved comfort. The latter is provided by a redesign of the ear cups on the headset. We we're big fans of the Astro A30s, the smaller brother of this headset, so if you are in the market for a high end pair for your LAN parties - these might be ideal. Remember though, you'll need their MixAmp for maximum usage and compatibility with the consoles.
Price is $199.99
Finally a bit of news regarding MadCatz and 2011 heavy co-op hitter Gears of War 3. It looks like the two are teaming up to bring specifically branded Gears 3 accessories to the Xbox 360 in the way of controllers and headsets and other accessories. There's no details specifically announced as to just what yet, but, the partnership has been officially unveiled.
Gears of War 3 is set to release this Fall.