After getting a major update earlier this year adding four player co-op support, Nation Red has received another update adding a new map, more achievements for co-op and various fixes. The new map is called Oil Platform and the 7 new achievements are only obtainable in online or local co-op. The tweaks to the game include improved co-op performance for online games and adding an in game text chat option. After all - communication is key in co-op.
Nation Red is a zombie survival game available on the PC via Steam.
Here's the full list of fixes.
- New single player, coop and local coop map: Oil Platform
- Improved coop performance and syncing. Projectile fire from bosses and damage from zombies in coop is more accurate.
- Added in-game text chat. Press 't' to bring up the text console. You can re-bind this key in the options menu. Possible to cross chat from the lobby to players in-game.
- 7 new coop-only achievements
- Simplified controller menu navigation to be the same across all game menus and fixed controller related issues.
- Upgraded the Machete and Baseball zombie to slower but stronger runners.
- Tweaked gameplay so that fewer bosses appear simultaneously in the first 20 minutes of gameplay while keeping a similar difficulty curve
- Tweaked ghost stacking perks: Strike Team will deal more damage than Fire Team (even to bosses) so the upgrading path makes sense
- Add support for NoReload and Rage Unlimited to the MGL
- Increased the maximum number of perks in Strategic Mode to 20
- Tweaked Auto-Perk mode so the game auto-selects perks better
- Further tweak boss armor: Increase armor a little slower and create more automatic adjustment in boss armor for 2,3 or 4 player games (so armor is a bit less with 2 players than with more players)
- Check 'in-game' notification in Steam lobbies. Doesn't always correctly display the status.
- Snare in coop games is tweaked: The more players there are, the closer you need to get to an item to 'snare' it. This prevents one player from grabbing too many items.
- In coop games, health won't be picked up by a player who already has 100% health
- Players won't be able to pick up the same weapon they are already using. This will help other players to pick these up.
- Fixed the 'Bouncer' achievement not triggering correctly
- Fix not able to see Powerup status/countdown bars later on in certain games
- Fix an issue where controllers need 're-enabling' when restarting/ALT-Tabbing away from the game.
- Reduce cool down time for sentry guns after they overheat.
- Fix an issue where players start too close to each-other in coop games.
- Made local coop game menu setup the same as on-line coop.