It seems like porting downloadable console games to Steam is the cool thing to do these days. Iron Brigade just came out on PC this week, and now The Behemoth has announced a Steam port of their popular co-op brawl-PG Castle Crashers. With the relative scarcity of local co-op in PC games, we're pleased to report this one will feature both online and offline 4-player co-op. Plus it boasts such modest system requirements, even Co-Optimus' own Andrew Gaskill should be able to run it! Check out those requirements and the feature list after the break.
Straight from The Behemoth blog:
Castle Crashers Steam Features:
- Integrated voice chat
- Steam Achievements
- Gamepad support
- Steam Cloud Support
- Local and Online Multiplayer
- Colorful hand drawn 2D visuals!
- Over 30 levels plus five arena modes
- Unlock more than 25 characters and over 40 weapons!
- Intuitive combo and magic system: Unlock an arsenal of new attacks as your character progresses through the game.
- Experience system: Level up your character and adjust Strength, Magic, Defense, and Agility.
- Animal orbs: These adorable little companions each add different abilities to aid you on your journey
- Arena mode: Battle other players in free-for-all or team matches with four unique modes to choose from!
- Insane Mode: Test your skills in the ultimate campaign challenge.
- OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor: Dual Core Processor 2GHz
- Memory: 1GB
- Hard Disk Space: 300MB
- Video Card: Graphics: 256 MB dedicated directx 9.0c compatible card
- Sound: DirectX 9.0 compatible sound card
Castle Crashers for Steam is currently on display at Gamescom, and it will be playable at PAX at the end of the month as well. We'll be at PAX, so look forward to hands-on impressions. If you can't wait that long to learn about Castle Crashers, check out our original co-op review.