Earth Defense Force 6, the latest game in Sandlot and D3 Publisher's long-running sci-fi shooter series, recently arrived on PlayStation in Japan. No English release has been announced yet, though, leaving EDF fans with little choice but to import the Japanese game. Thankfully, we have some experience with Japanese games around here. In this installment of our long-running Co-op International column, we provide a full English translation with screenshots of all of EDF6's menus. There goes the barrier to importing!
To make navigating this labyrinth of screenshots and translations easier, we've divided up the menus into sections. Select a section to visit the page for that section.
- Main Menu and Class Selection
- Equipment Selection: Ranger
- Equipment Selection: Wing Diver
- Equipment Selection: Air Raider
- Equipment Selection: Fencer
- Game Settings and Player Settings
- Online Multiplayer
- Chat Menus
- Pause Menu and Battle Record Screen
How to Import
Subtitle: "Exterminate the monsters, ensure everyone's safety! Do you understand?!"
Earth Defense Force 6 is available on PlayStation 4 and 5 in both physical and digital formats. The game is not region-locked, so it will play on any PlayStation 4 or 5 console. Menus and dialog are in Japanese, but this guide should help a lot with navigating the game.
The PS4 and PS5 versions are available from Amazon Japan for ¥7,345 (approximately $55 at present) shipping or from Play-Asia for $62.99 plus shipping. Alternately, gamers can buy the digital version by using a Japanese PSN account for ¥8,980. See this guide for creating a Japanese PSN account. To buy Japanese PSN cards, we recommend Play-Asia.
- Primary menu translation and image editing: Paul Acevedo
- Additional menu translation: Lifelower
- Screenshot subtitle translation: Chris Valdez