A typical conversation between Ubisoft and Co-Optimus goes like this; "What do you want?" - Information. "Who is Rainbow 1?" - you are Rainbow 6. "Co-Optimus is not a number, we are free men!" We may consider ourselves free and not Prisoners, but we would still like more information on the upcoming Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6: Patriots and some artwork if you please? Ubisoft have duly obliged.
They have released a series of bullet points that delve slightly deeper into the experience people should expect when playing Patriots. The new foe is known as the 'True Patriots' and is a group of highly trained US Militia. The press release also highlights improvements in story, team dynamics and combat. Now you can 'Aussie Style Rappel' down the side of a building while issuing deadly tactics to your team.
Here is the information so kindly provided by Ubisoft's Number 2 and below that some new artwork for the game:
· UNPRECEDENTED NARRATIVE – Patriots’ storyline explores an ultra-realistic what-if scenario inspired by real events and characters. The game will allow players to experience events from multiple perspectives creating an unprecedented level of immersion.
· A New Threat For A New Team - Terrorism has evolved and Team Rainbow must face an organized militia of home-grown insurgents. As the leader of a new squad, players will wrestle with difficult ethical decisions and determine if the doing-whatever-it-takes mentality is needed to stop the enemy.
· ENHANCED SQUAD MANAGEMENT - At the press of a button, the Rainbow squad will perform the most efficient and deadly tactic given the context of the situation. When extreme measures are required, or when players call for it, you can take full control of your squad to plan the perfect assault.
· EVOLVED COMBAT – The game’s combat techniques have been pushed to the next level with cover and weapon systems redesigned to accommodate every combat situation. New Rappel and Breach mechanics are now enriched with multiple new techniques including Wall & Ceiling Breach, Fast Rope Rappel, inverted ‘Aussie Style Rappel’, Infiltrate & Subdue, to name a few.
· INTENSE MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE - Players will be rewarded for working as a team and mastering the game’s new features that enhance communication and tactical execution between teammates. Once such feature found in the pre-game online lobby is the Sandtable, a holographic display that helps acquaint players with the level maps before they jump into the action. This will help players strategically coordinate attacks and add a new dimension to squad tactics.
· SURPRISE AND OVERPOWER ENEMIES – Utilize the game’s new Scan mode to strategically breach and infiltrate areas. This new tool will provide a thermal read on the situation, allowing you to determine the squad’s best course to overwhelm and defeat enemies.