Though it's been a couple weeks already since the PC patch for everybody's favorite co-op space ninja game, Warframe, has gone live, the PS4 version has officially received Update 12 as of today. This update brings a new Warframe, the Zephyr, but more importantly, it's brought some visual overhauls to the game.
Patch notes from the game of what's included in this latest go around:
- NEW WARFRAME, ZEPHYR - Specializing in air attacks and mobility, Zephyr dominates from above. Begin building her in the new Tenno Research Lab in your Dojo
- NEW MISSION TYPE - Interception: Intercept interplanetary communication that is being beamed to four towers on the map. The more towers you capture and hold, the faster you can decode the message. Keep the enemy at bay or they'll decode the message for themselves
- NEW WEAPONS - A number of new weapons are now available including the Phage Shotgun, Jat Kittag Jet Powered Polearm, Dual Cestra Sidearms and the Akstiletto Dual UZI
- LEVEL EXPANSION - The Forest Tileset has returned and is now found in all “Earth” missions
- MOD STACKING - Mods will now be organized in stacks in the Arsenal to improve duplicate Mod management
- NEW TENNO LAB - The new Tenno Research Lab allows you to construct Warframes in a new way - in your Dojo
- NEW IN-GAME HUD - An updated Heads Up Display provides a refreshed and simplified playing experience
- ALTERNATE HELMET - A Paladin has never looked so good! Give Oberon a fresh look with a new Alternate Helmet - Oryx
- NEW WARFRAME SKINS - Customize your Warframe with four new Warframe Immortal Skins!
As a fan of the title, I have to say the two improvements to the game that excite me the most are the Mod Stacking and the new HUD. The first because, after around 12 hours of total play time, I've ended up with about 1,200 mods of which roughly 400 are duplicates that make scrolling through them all a chore. The second because they've also updated the visuals in a game on the PS4 and it looks and runs a lot smoother.
I'm looking forward to checking the updates out later tonight and, as always, if you're playing on the PS4, hit me up in game (Pazuzu55) to group up and take on some missions.