A modest update has rolled out for Warlocks Vs. Shadows, the pixelated action RPG/brawler currently in Early Access. Not only does the update add a new world (Frozen Lake) and a new character (Jamal, the Troll Warlord), but it also makes some significant tweaks to the game.
Not a whole lot of information has been provided about the new world and character (so if any of you are currently playing the game, feel free to provide us with some details in the comments below!), but here are the other changes included in this update:
- Unlocked characters are now global and work on all profiles.
- Swampland's music has been changed to its final version.
- The revive zone has been extended even further.
- Timeout time has been extended to 10 seconds in co-op online.
- The portal after the second 2 boss was moved a little higher.
- The bug, where you could pause the game while changing levels and therefore corrupting your save, was fixed.
- The bug where a treasure chest sfx would ignore your sfx volume is now fixed.
- Jumping out of the map in Swamplands was fixed.
- The bug where spawn portal on 3rd boss would be behind the boss for players 2-4 was fixed.
- The bug where you could enter portal on connection timeout (and therefore crashing your game) is now fixed as well.
Warlocks Vs. Shadows has been available in Steam Early Access for three weeks on PC, Mac, and Linux. It will also be released on Xbox One, PS4, PS Vita, and Wii U in Q3 2015. Warlocks Vs. Shadows supports up to 4 players in local or online co-op play.