When GTA Online launched, we weren't so sure it offered a good co-op experience. Since the addition of co-op heists, and numerous patches which added co-op friendly features, we can gladly say that there's a ton of co-op fun to be had in GTA Online. The Friday Awesomely Live Co-Op team will show you how to from zero to hero in just a few hours. It certainly helps to have a higher level co-op buddy to play with, but you can make due without.
A few tips to get you started:
- Join the Co-Optimus Crew! You can find active members in our crew to help you get started, and team up to complete heists.
- Always start the game in Story Mode, then start an invite-only session from the menu. This gives you the freedom to roam around the world without griefers running around that could (will) spoil your co-op fun.
- Save your cash until you have about $200,000 to buy a high-end apartment. You need a high-end apartment with a planning room to start heists, and the 10-car garage will give you the ability to save a variety of 4-door cars that will help with your co-op jobs and heists. Plus, you'll have a swank pad to hang out with your crew.
- Completing jobs is the quickest way to earn cash at the beginning. You can rob stores and share the cash with your co-op buddies, but as you'll see in the first video, the returns aren't much, and you'll waste a fair amount of time losing the cops.
Check out the video below for part one of our "Getting Started" episode. We pulled off the following jobs:
- 0:33:40 - It Takes a Thief (Simeon)
- 0:52:30 - Rich Men in Richman (Simeon)
- 1:04:30 - Deal Breaker (Gerald)
- 1:13:30 - Gassed Up (Gerald)
- 1:21:10 - Pier Pressure (Gerald)
In part two, we finished off a bunch more jobs:
- 0:00:00 - Flood in the LS River (Gerald)
- 0:08:30 - GTA Today (Simeon) (Failed)
- 0:20:12 - Gentry Does It (Simeon)
- 0:27:35 - Gassed Up (Gerald)
- 0:54:10 - Meth'd Up (Gerald)
- 1:07:40 - Grab Your Ballas (Martin)
- 1:15:50 - Los Santos Connection (Martin)
We'll be streaming GTA Online for the next few Fridays, so subscribe to our Twitch channel and watch us live!