Ever wanted to see your name in the byline of one of these news posts? Well guess what, you may have a chance to do just that. Co-Optimus is looking for writers to join our friendly staff.
If you're interested in writing for us, a few things you should know first. Here's what we're looking for in our candidates:
- Ability to cover co-op gaming by writing between 3 to 5 news stories a week
- Willingness to review games on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4
- The availability and flexibility to post daily and be available to cover major events as the need arises
- Familiarity with streaming and/or video is a big bonus
- A dedicated co-op partner is also a bonus, but not needed
- Active on social media
- Willing to help keep our co-op database up to date and as accurate as possible
- A commitment to the site and the responsibilities detailed above
A quick note about that last bullet point. Co-Optimus has been kicking around the web for the past nine years and has seen a lot of changes in that time, both to the site itself and its staff. This is, for the most part, a volunteer gig. There are some benefits and compensation (which I'll get to), but it is by no means a full-time position. Those of us who have stuck around for this long, though, have done so out of a passion for co-op gaming. We're hoping to find a similar passion in all those who apply.
If you're still interested, then let's talk about some of those benefits. Here's what we can offer:
- Game industry experience on a reputable site
- Per article compensation
- Possibility to travel and cover shows like E3 and PAX
- Free games
- A friendly staff that's always up for some co-op gaming
So, if all of that still tantalizes you and you feel like you're up for it, then please apply! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header "Co-Optimus Staff Position." Included in the email should be the following:
- A brief bio about yourself and your writing background
- Links to any articles/writing you've done for other sites (if applicable)
- Why you want to be a writer for the site
- Three writing samples attached in .PDF or Word doc format. The samples should include:
- Two news posts that cover some piece of co-op news from around the web (you can look at any of the posts we've got here on the site as examples of what that entails; please cite your source)
- One co-op review of a game (any co-op game is fine)
You have until 11:59 pm Eastern time, Monday, August 15, 2016, to submit your application. If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com.
We look forward to everyone's applications and cannot wait to welcome some new members to our team!