The chaos enthusiasts over at Team17 have pumped out tons of extra Overcooked! 2 content since its original release, and they sure would love to spread it to the world. Perhaps it's a gesture of good will, or maybe they just enjoy being the cause of kitchen-themed panic, but either way, they're releasing a new "Gourmet Edition" of the title on April 7th.
Alongside the base game, the "Gourmet Edition" will contain four DLC packs adding new levels, items, chefs, and recipes. It'll also include a fifth cosmetic pack offering a few extra options for the game's goofy chefs. There's a whole lot of content in here, so check out the official descriptions for a better understanding:
- Surf 'n' Turf
- Get your sunglasses on, gather your chef squad and fire up the barbecue…IT’S TIME TO GO TO THE BEACH!
- 12 new levels see you cooking up kebab skewers and smoothies with our new friends the ever so exotic parrot chef and the fiery island chef. You'll need to keep the barbecue burning and deploy the water pistol for any plate cleaning emergencies!
- Campfire Cook Off
- Gather round the campfire for S’More cooking chaos with four new chefs and brand new kitchens!
- You’ll need to chop wood to keep the fires burning as you fry up a hearty breakfast, or toast tasty S’mores across 15 new levels set amongst tree-tops and campsites. Fresh levels of co-operation will be needed for the new wearable backpacks that hold the ingredients the team of chefs need to serve the hungry campers.
- Night of the Hangry Horde
- This DLC introduces an entirely new horde mode in which players must use all of their cooking know how to repel waves of ravenous undead ingredients.
- Get to grips with new recipes, new chefs and even new kitchen equipment; the guillotine is an unconventional but efficient method for chopping all of your favourite ingredients at once!
- Carnival of Chaos
- Roll up roll up and join the celebration of all things cooking, co-op and chaos! This colourful DLC puts players to the test as they take on new levels, new recipes, new chefs and that kitchen essential - the cannon!
- Players must serve up combo meals to extra hungry customers by combining cuisines on a tray, topped off with a refreshing beverage.
- Too Many Cooks Pack
- Grab your aprons, fire up those stoves and assemble the tastiest team yet with this sizzling Chef pack...TOO MANY COOKS! With the help of these five Chefs you’ll be chopping, frying and serving your way to culinary greatness in no time!
That's a whole lot of gameplay wrapped up in a nice, tastefully prepared package. It definitely hasn't been thrown across a kitchen, left on the floor for thirty seconds, and then smashed onto a plate at the last minute.
Overcooked! 2 is out now on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, with the "Gourmet Edition" out April 7th. The game offers online and local co-op for up to four players and allows any combination of online and local players.