Warhammer: Vermintide 2 employs a slightly staggered release schedule in which updates and DLC hit PC first, then Xbox, and eventually, PlayStation. Case in point: the 'Sister of the Thorn' DLC that launched on PC earlier this month has just arrived on Xbox and PlayStation. It adds a new career (class) for Kerillian the elf. Meanwhile, PlayStation also just received the free 'Chaos Wastes' expansion that already came out on the other platforms.
FatShark's Warhammer: Vermintide 2 is a first-person cooperative action game set within the Warhammer: End Times universe. Up to four online players can team up and take on challenging missions while seeking randomized loot and facing huge hordes of enemies. Think of it as the Warhammer equivalent of Left 4 Dead and Back 4 Blood.
Vermintide 2 features four playable characters, each with three non-DLC careers that affect their equipment and abilities. The 'Sister of the Thorn' DLC is a new career for Kerillian the elf, allowing her to play as a support class. Characters can't be doubled up in online games, so alternate careers like this provide some variety within the four-set-in-stone-characters structure. The 'Sister of the Thorn' DLC costs $8.79.
'Sister of the Thorn' Features:
- Briar Javelin
- Deepwood Staff
- New talent tree
- Exclusive character skin
- New challenges
- New voice lines
- New hat
As for the free 'Chaos Wastes' expansion that is new to PlayStation, it adds:
- Pilgrim’s Coins - Chaos Waste Unique coins that can be traded for godly favor or weapons along the path. A wise traveler hoards them well and spends them wisely.
- Chest of Trials - Those seeking additional challenges while on their Pilgrimage can find them by means of the rare Chests of Trials. Opening a Chest of Trials draws the attention of a monstrous foe. Defeat the foe, and claim the reward.
- Shrines - Uncorrupted shrines can be found in the Chaos Wastes. Heroes can seek the favor of wholesome gods in the form of Miracles & Boons. But, of course, such favors are not earned without sacrifice.
- Waystone Altars - A weapon stash that contains weapons employed by previous pilgrims. Accessible through sacrificing Pilgrim’s Coins. The more Pilgrim’s Coins the Reliquary demands, the more powerful the weaponry to be found within.
- Potions - The road is littered with mysterious potions that offer powerful benefits… perhaps enough to help even the odds on a long and difficult journey.
- Twitch integration - Let the audience join in on the adventure and help the players on their journey by voting on what will happen next.
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 supports 4-player online co-op. It sells for $29.99 on Xbox, PlayStation, and Steam, and is also available on Xbox Game Pass. Fans of Warhammer and/or challenging co-op experiences shouldn't miss it!