Last year, we happened across Asterix & Obelix: Slap Them All!, a cartoon-style beat 'em up featuring the beloved European comics character, Asterix the Gaul. That brawler was delightful, and, it turns out, only the tip of the iceberg. There are plenty of Asterix games in the sea, including the newly released Asterix & Obelix XXXL: The Ram from Hibernia from Microids. This one is a 3D action game rather than a beat 'em up, and it even features 4-player local co-op!
Asterix & Obelix XXXL: The Ram from Hibernia features:
- 6 new worlds to explore from Gaul to Hibernia (Ireland) in an original story respectfully inspired by the iconic universe of our Gaulish heroes!
- For the first time ever, play Asterix and Obelix in local cooperation up to 4 players on the same screen.
- We offer you a new game experience by using a wide range of objects founds during your journey, but of course, you can still grab Romans !
- New stylish combos and finish moves are available to beat them all!
- This game has a high replay value due to challenges in each levels demanding skills to get success and rewards .
The big question I was left with upon seeing that The Ram from Hibernia would feature 4-player co-op is: who do the third and fourth players control? Based on Steam screenshots, it appears that the extra players simply control duplicates of Asterix and Obelix. A bit odd, innit?
Asterix & Obelix XXXL: The Ram from Hibernia sells for $29.99-$39.99 (depending on the platform) on Xbox, Switch, Steam, Epic, and GOG. The PlayStation version should be released in the near future. We'll do battle with the Romans to bring you some co-op impressions soon!