VooDolls, the upcoming action action/tower defense game from SideRift and Tate Multimedia, is inching ever closer to its release on Steam. Given that this is an online co-op game, it makes sense to do plenty of testing before the official launch. To that end, players can now join an open beta that will last until March 28. The game itself will launch on April 13, just two weeks away!
During the five days of the open beta, players can work with their friends to protect the Puppet Master who turned them into dolls from armies of evil demons. The game takes place on spherical worlds and features a cool third-person perspective that will put our heroic puppets right in the action.
The open beta features:
- All four Voodolls playable
- Playable tutorial
- 2 planets (levels)
- 3 difficulties
- An endless mode
On top of that, participating in the open beta will unlock an exclusive Corrupted Skin that won't be offered again after the open beta ends.
The full game features:
- Synergy between action, exploration and strategic Tower Defence mechanics, including an array of traps and defenses to hold back the hordes of hell.
- Round planets – stylised and unique worlds each themed by the four seasons.
- Team of four characters, each with unique abilities, weapons, and battle tactics.
- Solo or online co-op up to four players - Defend the Puppet Master alongside three friends in full campaign co-op or tackle the task alone in solo play!
- Story-based campaign - Peel back the layers of mystery to uncover the secrets of the puppet master & the dolls.
- Three camera angles - Face your foes in immersive first-person mode or take a step back in third-person. Make tactical choices from above in the strategy camera mode. Three modes, and three different approaches in one game.
Get the exclusive skin and experience Voodolls for yourself by heading to the game's Steam page and requesting to join the playtest. The beta will end on Tuesday, March 28. The full game launches on Thursday, April 13.