Although roguelikes have become quite popular in recent years, you don't see many first-person shooter roguelikes (other than Gunfire Reborn). The genre will soon have a new entry, though, in the form of Roboquest from RyseUp Studios and Starbreeze Publishing. After a period of Steam Early Access, Roboquest will fully launch on Xbox, Steam, and Epic in early November.
Based on Steam Early Access reviews, it seems that players quite like Roboquest. A quick look at the trailer shows a slick, fun-looking game. Robots are always cool, and the visual onomatopoeia is stylish. My preference would be for co-op to support more than two players, but some co-op is definitely better than none!
The full version of Roboquest that launches in November will include:
- Slick Controls & Polished Game Feel
- Classes – up to 6 different classes with unique abilities and upgrades, slash up, dash in, rocketing, stealth in, drone up and more
- Diverse Arsenal – over 70 unique weapons ranging from your regular rifles and snipers to crossbows, bolters, gauntlets and much more for players to use as they blast their way through hordes of killer robots!
- Difficulty Levels - Levels of difficulty for everyone, even people not accustomed to FPS games. Ranging from “Discovery” to “Hard” and then way harder difficulty levels that you can unlock while playing the game
- Specialize your Gameplay - In-run upgrades to further customize your playstyle and find unique and powerful combinations
- Pesky Evilbots – over 70 enemies to dismantle and 10 big bad bosses guarding the way
- Quests and Secrets - Diversify your run objectives by exploring the levels and finding friendly robots and hidden secrets to unlock new movement capabilities and other unique upgrades
- Basecamp - Upgrade your basecamp and unlock permanent rewards to help you push further into the game each run
- Levels - Over 15 different levels, each with a dedicated banger track and visuals, and some with unique twists to them
- Comic-style Cinematics - Non gameplay-intrusive yet colorful and joyful cinematics to live your progression in the game and the story
- Data-Logs - Scour the levels and find pieces of lore about the world of Roboquest
- Achievements - Over 70 achievements
- Collect Enemies & Weapon cards - Takedown enemies and collect cards for both enemies and weapons to complete the in-game Museum
- Banger Soundtrack - Crafted with passion and dedication from the music composer Noisecream, a complete banger of a soundtrack will accompany you in your Roboquest
Roboquest is currently available on Steam Early Access. The full version of the game will arrive on Xbox, Steam, and Epic on November 7.