Epic has announced that Unreal Tournament 3 Black will be available for free this weekend on Steam. Unreal Tournament 3 Black is the full version of UT3 along with the free Titan pack. In total you have enhancements which include new maps and environments, the Titan mutator, the Greed and Betrayal gametypes, the Stealthbender vehicle, weapons, deployables, and characters. The game also provides 50 Steamworks Achievements.
UT3 sports a single player campaign that has drop-in and drop out co-op available throughout the entire story. Up to four players can play in this mode, though it may be limited by the map.
The game is available for free right now until Sunday.
If you are a mod author or a fan of mods, Epic also sent along some info on their Make Something Unreal Contest.
In addition to Epic’s internal efforts to support Unreal Tournament 3, mod authors all over the world have created new levels, characters, weapons, vehicles and total conversions for the game as part of the $1 Million Intel Make Something Unreal Contest (www.makesomethingunreal.com).
Phase 3 of the competition just closed, and the judging process has begun. A few notable entries so far include:
· Improved mods from Phase 2 (www.youtube.com/watch?v=
· Community Bonus Pack 3 (www.youtube.com/watch?v=_
· Angels Fall First: Planetstorm (www.moddb.com/mods/angels-
· Coda (www.codamod.com)
· Prometheus (www.moddb.com/mods/prometheus
· Runestorm (www.runestorm.com)
· Snowreal (www.moddb.com/mods/snowreal)
· The Ball (www.moddb.com/mods/the-ball)
· The Haunted (www.moddb.com/mods/the-
And there’s much, much more available at www.makesomethingunreal.com/
To download Unreal Tournament 3 Black, visit http://store.steampowered.com/