The "cute but don't let that fool you" brawler Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds is packed with serious combo chaining, ability unleashing, character upgrading action that's extremely well-suited for co-op play. The original version has been kicking around the PC, Vita and Xbox 360 scenes for awhile, but the PlayStation 4 Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive release adds new features, including online co-op!
The nine word primer for the beat-em-up incarnation of Phantom Breaker is this: combo-heavy strategic fighting in a colorful anime world. The series started out as a traditional one on one fighting game but soon morphed into the Battle Grounds story brawler we have today. Co-op has been an integral part of the experience since the early days. Online co-op has been buggy and unreliable (or non-existent in the case of the PC version), so with any luck the PS4 release will fix things once and for all.
Other new things in the PlayStation 4 Overdrive release:
- New skills and abilities for deeper character customization: Triple Jumps, Air Dash Attacks, Shadow Clones, and more!
- Increased chaos: Levels now have gigantic hordes of enemies flooding the screen, and the item drops to match.
- Alternate routes: Discover secret routes that lead you to new items, different enemies, and new skills!
- New Items: Out Range and Aura Items can now be combined to expand your tactical options.
- Newly arranged music: Now leveled up by the PS4!
Keep an eye out for Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive on PlayStation 4 this summer.