It's been a couple months since we've heard much about Darkspore from developer Maxis. You may remember we did a couple of previews over the summer which included some screenshot and trailery goodness. Good news, though, for all of you hack-and-slash PC gamers: you can now sign up for the Darkspore beta! Sign-ups are on their website.
Their description of the game's features are as follows:
- Join the universe of Darkspore™, a fast-paced, sci-fi Action-RPG in which you battle across alien worlds to save the galaxy from the mutated forces of Darkspore.
- Fight in co-op and solo battles against hordes of Darkspore enemies and bosses.
- Collect an arsenal of living weapons - genetic heroes with different combat abilities - and upgrade them with tens of thousands of collectible body parts and armor.
- Make your heroes truly unique and deeply customized in an enhanced version of the award-winning Spore Creature Editor.
- Pit your customized, upgraded collection of heroes in PvP arena battles against other players.
- Destroy the infestation of Darkspore and liberate the galaxy in a unique and highly replayable sci-fi action campaign.
We're definitely looking forward to seeing how the game handles. I don't know about you, but some of the Living Weapons sound very cool to me. Sage the Life Forester definitely speaks to the healer in me!