This month is full of exciting PSN-exclusive releases. Next up on that list is Rocketbird: Hardboiled Chicken, which lands on Tuesday. Based on the Flash game Rocketbirds Revolution, Hardboiled Chicken is a cinematic puzzle platformer. Think of classic games like Flashback: Quest for Identity or the original Oddworld games, only this time with militant chickens. The Playstation 3 version has all of the original title’s content, plus “new characters, missions, puzzles, exclusive music videos, retro cut scenes, stereoscopic 3D support and more.” Most interestingly for us, it also brings two-player co-op into the mix.
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken Features Include:
- 15 Chapters in Solo Campaign: Assume the role of Hardboiled Chicken, kick a$$, kill penguins and take names on a mission to assassinate the evil penguin leader.
- 10 Chapters in Co-Op Campaign: Select a pair from the dirty half-dozen Budgie commando characters and set out on a mission to save the general’s daughter.
- Puzzles: Your birdie-brain must think quickly to use your environment and solve a variety of puzzles to move on to each level.
- Stereoscopic 3D: Fantastic, non-dizzying Stereoscopic 3D support, running at 60fps/720p enhance the visuals wherever available.
- Mini-stories: The plot thickens as you unlock cut-scenes and music videos at each level that uncover the truth about the totalitarian regime and Hardboiled’s mysterious past.
- Weapons: Kill penguins with a cache of guns you’ll find along the way from pistols, shotguns and Uzis to MP5s, M60s and AK-47s. Bring down the regime with grenades and other explosives. Unlock the ultimate weapon – Brain Bugs!
- Exclusive Music: Tracks from indie band New World Revolution featured throughout gameplay, in cut-scenes and during specialized, unlockable music videos.
All that, plus a Platinum Trophy! Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken comes to PSN on Tuesday, October 18. It will cost $11.99.