Advertised with the release of Assassin's Creed III was a very special DLC package that featured American President George Washington in a sinister fashion. Appropriately named "The Tyranny of King Washington," the content is to be centered around an alternate tale of the American Revolution featuring George Washington as a power hungry monarch. Part one of the three-part DLC is set to be released for the Xbox 360 and PC next week on February 19th, with the Playstation 3 version to be available the following day.
Ahead of the content release, a rather substantial patch was released for the game that fixes a number of bugs, including those found in the cooperative experience Wolfpack mode. In case you missed it, our review for Assassin;s Creed III can be found here, and the co-op FAQ can be found here.
For a complete list of changes in the patch, take a look below:
Single player sequence
- Fixed a potential crash in mission "Bridewell Prison" when trying to skip cinematic with Mason.
- Fixed a bug preventing the creation of new Uplay accounts
- Removed the ability to hide pivots during pass-throughs and cinematics
- Added support for "Tyranny of King Washington: The Infamy"
- Fixed potential game data corruption when a DLC download ends while the player is in-game.
- In Wolfpack, a target doesn't remain stuck on the ground if the player hosting the game leaves while another player is joining at the same time.
- In Wolfpack, some targets that were not visible to players under certain conditions can now be seen correctly.
- In Wolfpack, the radar is not broken under certain conditions anymore.
- In Artifact Assault, Team members can now correctly score when the initial artifact carrier gets killed under certain conditions.
- In Deathmatch, players no longer have lookalikes NPCs unless they use abilities that create lookalikes.
- In Deathmatch, the game no longer crashes in the New York brewery map for a player who used a Decoy while hiding in a group.
- Some players are no longer stuck in rematch after completing a Simple Deathmatch session on the Saint Pierre map.
- Some ladder issues when players left a session during the first minute have been corrected.
- Ladders now update properly upon a full group kick.
- The Independent's hair when she wears the Wild Cat costume now displays correctly.
- The Strong Man's white costume, alternative costume and warrior costume now display properly when hiding in a group.
- On Xbox 360, the Uplay icon and unlock conditions for unlockables redeemed via Uplay have been restored.
- Loyalty unlocks are now available on PC.
- Character customization is no longer reset under certain conditions.
- The Wipe ability now correctly works from a distance.
- The timer now properly starts and players can interact with each other prior to the host getting into the session.
- Sound will properly keep playing when trying to watch a video under certain conditions.
- An error message now displays when players attempt to watch DLC videos without having the DLC installed.
- Chasebreakers in the Animus Core map now correctly reopen for team mates.
- Players are no longer stuck on leaving game session screen under certain circumstances.
- When you create a group in a private game, that group now stays the same through different sessions.
Ubisoft has seen success with their latest two monoliths, Assassin's Creed III and Far Cry 3. According to a Ubisoft earnings call, the shipment number for Assassin's Creed III is sitting at a hefty 12 million units. The sell-through rate for the game is about 70 percent, meaning that there have been an estimated 8.4 million units sold. Last December, Ubisoft declared Assassin's Creed III the fastest-selling game in company history when they reported that they had sold 7 million copies of the game. This was nearly a 70 percent increase over Assassin's Creed: Revelations. Meanwhile, Far Cry 3 has shipped 4.5 million units, 1 million of those being reported as PC titles. Thanks to Joystiq for the report.