Consider the following entry in the ongoing war of collector's editions vs your wallet: Homefront: The Revolution - Goliath Edition. Not only do you get the usual goodies of an art book and DLC expansion pass, they've also kicked in an R/C "Goliath" Drone vehicle with which you can terrorize your household pets.
Here's a breakdown of everything you get if you decide to pick up this version of the game:
- A radio-controlled scale replica ‘Goliath’ Drone, with working lights and six-wheel suspension. The Apex-manufactured Goliath is one of the most fearsome weapons in the KPA’s Counter-Insurgency arsenal
- Exclusive collector’s ‘Steel Book’
- A 32 page art book featuring Resistance-themed concept art and cutting-edge Apex technology
- The ‘Revolutionary Spirit’ pack, including The Red Skull motorbike skin, a Golden skin for your pistol, and instant unlocks of the Marksman Rifle, Sniper Scope and Remote Explosives for your Co-Op character in Resistance Mode
- The Homefront: The Revolution Expansion Pass, entitling access to major single player expansions – further information to be revealed at a later date
All of this can be yours for the low, low price of.... $159.99!
In addition to all of that loot, there are a variety of "pre-order bonuses" available from the different retailers. GameStop has the best, in theory, pre-order when it comes to the co-op side of things as you'll get five "resistance crates" with random weapon blueprints, attachments, etc. for use in the co-op mode.
Homefront: The Revolution arrives May 17, 2016.