Last night was Sony' E3 2018 Press Conference. They had some very solid and interesting games to show off during the hour-long event, but not a ton on the co-op front. In fact, the only thing that was revealed that (most likely) has co-op is Nioh 2 (wooo!)
You can watch the full press conference below (thanks to GameSpot). Here are some key time stamps and what's happening:
- 5:49 - 17:10 - Last of Us 2 gameplay trailer. Visually, this game looks incredible, but I'm not kidding when I saw be warned, there is some very graphic violence on display here.
- 26:15 - Mash-up of trailers for a few games like Tetris Effect, Days Gone, and Ghost Giant
- 28:20 - new Destiny 2 Forsaken trailer. I did a news post about this and if you want to avoid story spoilers, just skip this
- 32:55 - 41:35 - Ghost of Tsushima gameplay trailer. Man, this game looks so incredible. Very eager to check this out.
- 42:15 - new Remedy title, Control. Looks intriguing and mashes up telekinetic powers with gunplay.
- 44:10 - Resident Evil 2 Remake trailer
- 49:10 - another Kingdom Hearts III trailer, this time starring Captain Jack from "Pirates of the Caribbean"
- 52:55 - Death Stranding trailer where... I dunno, something happens? This is Kojima at his peak, y'all
- 1:01:14 - Nioh 2 reveal/announce trailer. Don't have details yet about the game, but we're guessing that it will feature two player online co-op again, hopefully letting friends join up without jumping through the "complete the mission first" hoop that eventually got patched out
- 1:02:35 - Spider-Man gameplay featuring some of the Sinister Six
So that's it, just a lot of games. While I'm a little bummed there was only one (possibly) co-op title in all of that, there are a lot of interesting titles in that mix. 2019 is shaping up to be a pretty strong year for video games.