Sega's path to reviving its Super Monkey Ball series is the path of the remaster. First, Super Money Ball: Banana Blitz rolled in for a moderate reception in 2019. Now, Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania promises to collect the stages from the first three Super Monkey Ball games and add 4-player local co-op to the mix. Given the volume of content and the fact that it's coming to all major platforms, that's possibly even more exciting than a new game.
Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania features:
- The ultimate Super Monkey Ball Experience – More than 300 stages from Super Monkey Ball, Super Monkey Ball 2, and Super Monkey Ball Deluxe.
- Go Bananas with 12 fun minigames including Monkey Racing, Monkey Soccer, Monkey Bowling, Monkey Baseball and much more!
- Challenge your friends as you compete for top banana on the online leaderboards!
- Assemble your all-star monkey team of up to 4 friends and work together to save Jungle Island with 4-player local co-op.
- Immerse yourself in the Super Monkey Ball world with creative comic book-style story telling in Story Mode.
- Want to be the coolest monkey on the block? Customize your character and Super Monkey Ball to make it your own!
There is some question of whether the game's "co-op" features will be limited to minigames or not, but the store description seems pretty clear. We'll report again when we know more.
Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania is coming to Xbox One, Xbox Series S and X, PlayStation 4 and 5, Switch, and PC on October 5. The game will be available in a standard version for $29.99, a digital deluxe edition with extra skins and soundtrack for $49.99, and a physical version with art book and in-game bonus items. The Nintendo Switch product page is already live; product pages have yet to appear on other platforms.