Left 4 Dead 2 hasn't even been out a full week yet on the PC, but today Valve has released the first patch for the game. Don't these guys know it's the weekend?
Most of the fixes look performance related, with a few tweaks here and there for matchmaking. Now if only they could release a patch to have the AI Director 2.0 to ease up a bit, eh?
- Fixed performance problem when rendering lots of decals, notably when fighting tanks with shotguns
- Fixed rcon response not working on Linux dedicated servers
- Fixed matchmaking problem matching into Advanced and Expert games
- Fix bug that would cause other specials to try to pummel a player a Charger disconnects or reconnects
- Fixed versus mode results panel being cut off in transition stats screen in non-english
- Found games: fixed non-player entries drawing the wrong type of icon in the selected item name label
- Game mode selector on main menu now takes keyboard input