Tired of being called "Stranger"? Well, get used to it. Rockstar isn't letting Red Dead Redemption sit stale for too long. In fact, available right now is a title update sure to take the sting out of multiplayer; following close on its heels is the first premium downloadable content pack, affectionately known as "Legends and Killers".
The update makes a small number of major changes to Free Roam and multiplayer that will help balance gameplay and cut down on griefers. 'Legends and Killers', which hits the Xbox Live Marketplace and PlayStation Network on August 10th, costs a hefty 800 MS Points/$10 USD for nine new multiplayer locations (some of which double as Gang Hideouts), eight new player skins, one new weapon (the tomahawk!), and new Achievements and Trophies. CVG wrote up a preview of the new content, but before you skedaddle - keep reading to see the list of version 1.03 changes from the title update...
• While in Multiplayer Free Roam, if a player achieves a kill streak of 6 or more without dying, they will become a Public Enemy and receive a $1000 bounty.
• While in Multiplayer Free Roam, if killed three times by any human player and each death is within 80 seconds of respawn, the victim is given the option to respawn away from the area.
• While in Multiplayer Free Roam, newly-spawned players that are not in your posse will be stealthed for around 15 seconds from when they begin their respawn unless they are shooting. This does not apply to Hardcore Free Roam.
• Players now have the ability to swap shoulder buttons L1/L2, R1/R2.
• Players now have the ability to save game with cheats turned on.
• When playing the game with Region set to Asia, incorrect button prompts were displayed.
• Downloadable Outfits were not appearing in Change Outfits Menu after being unlocked.
• Invincibility cheat was turned off when activating Dead Eye.
• Occasionally, the player would not recover from being drunk.
• It was possible to have two player horses, with one permanently following the player.
• If equipped with the bandana, sliding doors would temporarily attach to the player’s head.
To be honest, I don't know if "Legends and Killers" is worth ten whole dollars in itself...but I'm pretty sure that throwable tomahawks that embed in limbs + the "Undead Nightmare Pack" = holycrapthisisfun.