Dead Island has received a major patch on the PC, fixing numerous bugs including the dreaded save corruption issue, random freezes in four player co-op, and added an option to disable voice chat in co-op games. There's a whole host of fixes in place, which hopefully means, the team is going full steam ahead on the survival mode DLC which is expected next month.
- Fixed running game on Steam in offline mode
- Fixed damaged saves when a player has more than 190 items in inventory (weapon or stacked items, counting in items from Jin's storage and player inventory). Corrupted savegames will be recovered when possible.
- Fixed problems with unlocking "There and back again" with progress 72/72
- Fixed duplicating weapons when throwing and dropping at one time / when dropping items from inventory
- Optimized scanning for friends-process, to decrease lobby server workload
- Fixed random freezes when playing 4 players coop no longer appear
- Fixed issues when using medkits from inventory menu
- Stacking items issue solved: miscellaneous items to 9999, medkits and alcohol to 30 instead of 10.
- Added the option to disable voice chat in game.
- Limited Jin's storage capacity to 150
- Fixed: disappearing items when there is no place in inventory and a player tries to get an item from Jin's storage
- Improved trading: items will be removed from the smallest stack instead of a random one.
- Fixed problems with corrupted profiles, which caused the game to start with black screen and freeze.
- Fixed levitating zombies after killing
- Fixed not being able to show quest details in quest menu using Xbox controller