Nobody can say Gears of War 3 doesn't have staying power. Not only is it massive to begin with, but Epic keeps pushing out downloadable content and title updates. In fact, the fourth and latest title update has just appeared, a week ahead of the 'Forces of Nature' DLC (pictured). It contains a number of minor tweaks and bug fixes, all of which should make the multiplayer experience more enjoyable.
Title update release notes :
- Savage Drone and Savage Grenadier can now “swat” turn in Beast mode
- Spectator mode now starts viewing a player instead of a battle camera
- Alternate control users in multiplayer will no longer look at DBNO characters when pressing R3
- The crosshair for the Longshot and Hammerburst will now show an X if a shot is obstructed.
- KOTH – ring locators are now visible in spectator mode
- KOTH – some hill locations have been adjusted
- The Onyx Guard decoy in Horde will not drop his rifle after exhausting the Vulcan ammo
- Clients will no longer be stuck with a “Waiting For Players” message up if the host quits Horde during the progression screen
- Chainsaw audio loop will now persist for listeners who leave the audible range and re-enter it
- Fixed some instances where special event ribbons would not be properly awarded
- COG pistol firing rate has been adjusted to be equal on host and clients
- The Flaming Retro Lancer is now available for attendees of the first special event
- Fixed some issues fixed related to the destruction of meatbags
- The Slab start up screen no longer has debug text
- After a host migration in Horde, the waves will no longer go past 50
- Cover near the elevator on Hotel no longer allows players to lean outside of the visible area
- Grenade throwers that are killed mid-throw will receive credit for any kills that grenade causes
- Silverback will be disabled if hit by a smoke grenade when the driver is in the middle of the exit animation
- Team Deathmatch time limit no longer resets to 3 minutes when both teams are out of respawns
Gamers should receive notification of the update the next time they start up the game while connected to Xbox Live. As for 'Forces of Nature,' that's coming on March 27 and will cost 800 MS Points ($10). It adds five new multiplayer maps and four character skins to the existing buttload of each.
Gears of War 3 is a third-person shooter that supports up to 4 player campaign co-op and 5 player co-op in Horde and Beast modes. Check out our co-op review for full details.