What was once lost, is now found. Ghost Recon Future Soldier at one point was completely cancelled on PC, but now will live to see the light of day on June 12, 2012. The four player co-op game will come complete with several enhancements for those of you sporting fancy computers capable of displaying shiny graphics.
PC version features:
- PC high standard visuals (DX11 renderer, new high-quality assets, new post process effects, multi-monitor solutions support, TriDef stereoscopic support).
- DirectX11 enhanced: tessellation (for soft 3D models), compute shaders-based realistic lighting (for global illumination), volumetric fog.
- Online widget: Party, Friends and Ghost Feed functionality can be accessed at any moment from any screen
- Extended party functionality: simplified and more flexible invitation system
- Party text chat
- Uplay Friends system
- Fully customizable controls for the localized keyboards
The game will require an internet connection initally for activation, but will not use Ubisoft's always on DRM.
Minimum hardware requirements:
Supported Operating Systems: Windows® XP (with Service Pack 3)/Windows Vista® (with Service Pack 2)/ Windows 7® (with Service pack 1), both 32 bit & 64 bit versions
PROCESSOR: Intel Pentium D 3.0 Ghz or AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ 2.2Ghz
RAM: 1GB Windows XP / 2GB Windows Vista or Windows 7
VIDEO CARD: 256 MB DirectX–compliant, Shader 4.0–enabled video card**
DIRECT X®: DirectX 9.0c
DVD-ROM DRIVE: DVD-ROM speed 4x, dual-layer drive
SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c – compliant sound card
HDD space : 25 GB
CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q9450/ AMD Phenom II X4 940 or higher
RAM: 2 GB Windows® XP / 3 GB Windows Vista® & 7®
Graphics Card: 1024 MB DirectX–compliant, Shader 4.0–enabled video card based on nVidia GeForce GTX 460 or AMD/ATi HD 5850 or better
In other Ghost Recon Future Soldier news, the game like so many other these days, is getting a set of branded peripherals. This time, Mad Catz is stepping up to bat with a controller and Triton 7.1 headset. No prices were announced, but they are expected to hit along side the console version which releases on May 22nd.