Welcome to another installment of Beyond Co-Op, where we look "beyond co-op" and bring you some of the gaming news that doesn't necessarily revolve around cooperative play. Here is a selection of stories which either thrilled or disappointed me, depending on how sad they are! And of course, we continue to hold our breaths for the flood of news that will come with E3, just over a week away.
- Jet Set Radio coming to Vita with new features
- Upcoming Skyrim patch adds horse combat
- 38 Studios and BigHuge Games shut down
- Capcom announces Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Set
Jet Set Radio coming to Vita with new features
As we mentioned back in February, SEGA will be porting the original Jet Set Radio to multiple platforms. Now SEGA has announced a Playstation Vita version as well. The Vita port will receive a few exclusive features, including touch screen input for graffiti spraying and Vita camera integration. Hey, it's bound to be dozens of times better than the GameBoy Advance version.
Source: SEGA Blog
Upcoming Skyrim patch adds horse combat
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim is a huge and wonderful game. Still, some folks are always complaining about the combat in this venerable series. Perhaps the ability to fight from horseback would liven things up a bit? The upcoming version 1.6 patch adds just that, plus a number of bug fixes and optimizations. No word on when the patch will land, but we'll be sure to keep you posted.
38 Studios and BigHuge Games shut down
Last week we touched upon the troubles afflicting 38 Studios, makers of Kingdoms of Amalur. That sad story mostly came to a close on May 24 when 38 Studios and Big Huge Games layed off their entire staffs. It's baffling that a game popular with both critics and fans wasn't enough to keep its makers affloat, but that's overspending and bad management for you. Our best wishes go out to the employees of both shuttered companies.
Capcom announces Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Set
Lapsed Street Fighter fans and people with too much money on their hands now have an impressive collector's set to look forward to. The Anniversary Set doesn't include any Street Fighter games not currently available for modern consoles, but it does pack quite a lot of value for the asking price of $149.99. It arrives on September 13 for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, and you can preorder from Amazon. Why not be cool and use our affiliate links?
- Street Fighter X Tekken (including all character and Swap Costume DLC)
- Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (with all costume DLC)
- Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
- Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition
- New documentary Blu-ray that highlights the lifelong love affair fans have had with Street Fighter, and how their dedication has affected the game.
- Street Fighter IV, Super SFIV anime movies
- All episodes of the Street Fighter animated series (DELICIOUS!)
- Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie
Light-up Ryu statue
- Brand new statue with light up base. Eight inches tall and frozen in mid Shoryuken.
11 disc soundtrack
- Game music from the past 25 years, including remixes and fan-created music.
64 page hardcover art book
- Containing pieces from fans all over the world.
- Full size martial arts black belt for the aspiring World Warrior. Includes Ryu's "Furinkazan" in kanji.
Certificate of Authenticity
- Like any good collector's set, this comes with a lovely piece of paper telling you how limited and special it is. They're all individually numbered, so get one before they disappear!