The word scourge is not used frequently enough in common vernacular, losing most of its kudos after American Prohibition and the Scourge of Alcohol. Well pour yourselves a pint, because not only is booze legal, but a new game is coming called Scourge: Outbreak. This 4 player online co-op game is coming to Mac, XBLA and PSN later in the year and confronts the player with stumbling enemies. These enemies are not drunk, but a bit dead. Find out more and check out some screens after the jump.
Set in the near future, up to 4 players can tackle the 6 hour plus campaign - details of whether this is online only are not yet known. Each player will control a character with unique abilities, so it will be up to team to work together to harness each person's strengths and protect their weaknesses. With the addition of XP and an eight player versus mode, there should be a lot of gameplay time available from this download only game.
Tragnarion Studios have handily provided a series of key points that the game offers. Nice!
Scourge: Outbreak is a 3rd-Person Shooter created using Unreal Engine 3 for the Xbox 360, PS3 and Mac platforms, and delivers the following exciting features:
- Up to 4-Player Co-op Campaign with 6 hours of gameplay
- 4 Playable Characters, each with different weapon handling stats and a distinct combination of Special Abilities
- Unique Flashbacks per playable character, showing you critical past events that shed a new light on your predicament…
- XP system to track your experience and unlock powerful gameplay rewards in Campaign AND Multiplayer
Squad AI for groups with less than 4 Players
- Quick-Order-System (QOS) for rapid deployment of Squad-members
- 9 Weapons, plus multiple variants of each to suit your playing style
- Up to 8 Players in Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Capture-The-Flag multiplayer Versus modes in 5 action-packed maps!
- Leaderboards for competing with friends and other Players around the world!
- 37 Badges to unlock on PC and Mac, and 12 Achievements/Trophies to unlock on Xbox360 and PS3
Update: We originally reported Scourge: Outbreak as coming to PC, but for now, no PC version has been announced.