Bungie and Activision have revealed the dates for Destiny's beta test. Anyone who has the game pre-ordered is going to have access to the beta, but we're giving away 10 codes for additional access. The details on what content will be in the beta are slim, but we do know it's going to be more meaty than the alpha which took place a few weeks prior. Get ready to team up in some co-op action with two other friends.
So when can you play the Destiny Beta?
- The Beta begins first for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 at 10:00am PDT on July 17
- The Beta begins for Xbox One and Xbox 360 users at 10:00am PDT on July 23
- The Beta will be offline for scheduled maintenance on July 21 - July 22 and open back up to pre-order participants across all platforms until 11:59pm PDT on July 27
By our count that gives gamers on Sony's platforms 8 days with the game while folks on Microsoft's will get about 4.
If you have a code for the beta, instructions on how to redeem it are listed below. If you'd like to enter to win a code, simply click the Enter Contest Button below and enter. We'll be accepting entries until Friday, July 11th. You can enter once per day. Also be sure to follow us on Twitter or Like our page on Facebook. We'll be giving away additional codes on there.
- Go to http://bungie.net/beta and follow the instructions. You must have a valid Bungie.net account, so if you do not already have an account, you must create one
- After you create or sign-in to your Bungie.net account, you will be asked to verify your email address before entering your 9 digit DestinyBeta code
- Once you have redeemed your Beta code, your account will be approved for Beta access
- Starting July 10, you must visit your account profile page on Bungie.net to select the platform of your choice
- Shortly before the Beta begins for the platform of your choice (July 17 for PlayStation systems; July 23 for Xbox systems), Bungie will email you your Destiny Beta code – your Destiny Beta code will also be visible via your Bungie.net Account Profile/Redeemed Codes page, secured behind your login credentials