The Destiny Beta has launched today on PSN, available for all PS3 and PS4 users who redeemed a code via pre-order or another means. If you haven't received your code for the platform, remember to head back to Bungie.net/beta to get your code.
The beta is offering a lot more content to play over the alpha. It features four story chapters, four competitive multiplayer maps, a cooperative Strike, and an open world area to explore. If you've redeemed your code on the Bungie site, you'll also notice that you were given two extra codes to give to friends so you can take on the game's co-op Strike mission.
Launched alongside with the beta is the companion app, which allows you view your guardian and in game stats as well as other goodies from the Destiny universe. The app is available on iOS, Android and PC and is, of course, free.
- iOS/App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/destiny-companion/id441444902?mt=8
- Android/Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bungieinc.bungiemobile
- Desktop: http://www.bungie.net/en/Companion
And once again, here are the dates for the Destiny beta by platform.
- The Beta begins first for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 at 10:00am PDT on July 17
- The Beta begins for Xbox One and Xbox 360 users at 10:00am PDT on July 23
- The Beta will be offline for scheduled maintenance on July 21 - July 22 and open back up to pre-order participants across all platforms until 11:59pm PDT on July 27
Did you get into the beta? What do you think? Co-Optimus will be streaming it and bringing you impressions over the next few days.