Sniper Elite's spin-off series, Nazi Zombie Army, will soon breathe new life into a stand-alone version of its own. Expect to see the Zombie Army Trilogy on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One early this year.
The Nazi Zombie Army series is going to be re-released as a remastered, standalone, and bundled version. Not only will the game include Nazi Zombie Army 1 and 2, but also the unreleased Nazi Zombie Army 3. Along with the PS4 and Xbox One versions, this version will also be released on PC like the original titles. Developer Rebellion announced that the games will run at 1080p as well (at least on the PC version).
All the usual gameplay we can expect in these insane sniping epics, such as Nazi Germany filled with undead, demons, and other supernatural powers, along with the slow-motion kill cam we've all come to know from this series. Additionally, there will be four new playable female characters included among the previous four males. As of right now, the co-op features in these games seem to be identical to the originals, as stated below on the official website:
The ultimate horror package – alone or with teammates
- Experience THREE nerve-shredding campaigns across FIFTEEN missions of intense third-person action.
- Take the fight to the undead alone, or team up in 2-4 player online co-op.
- Face your fears in the brutal new Horde Mode for 1-4 players, across 5 blood-curdling maps.
- Defeat harrowing legions of zombies, armored skeletons, fire demons, chainsaw-wielding elites - and worse - before facing the demonic Führer himself!
- Shred the undead with genre-best rifle ballistics, powerful firearms and deadly explosive traps.
- Wince as your bullets shred the insides of the undead in gruesome detail with the return of the series’ acclaimed X-ray Kill Camera.
Customize your carnage
- Choose to play as one of FOUR male or FOUR new female survivors.
- Perfect your play style with CUSTOMIZABLE weapons and loadouts.
- Customize your DIFFICULTY and add enemy multipliers. Surely you would never brave “X4” on Sniper Elite difficulty ... or would you?
Recut. Remastered. Unleashed.
- Includes the first two Nazi Zombie Army games like you’ve never seen them before.
- Pick apart zombies with the new DISMEMBERMENT mechanic and bathe in a bloody glow of NEW graphical effects, NEW audio, NEW enemy animations ... and more.
- Play your favorite missions from ANY campaign in ANY order in ONE unified online community.
As of right now, we can expect an "early 2015" release for Zombie Army Trilogy. Be sure to take a quick look at the trailer below for a first look: