A few weeks back, Arrowhead Studios announced the updated and modern version of Gauntlet was finally heading to PS4 as Gauntlet: Slayer Edition, towing a handful of neat updates along with it. Meanwhile, PC owners were kind of like "Well, what about us?". A free update for us, that's what.
If you already own the new Gauntlet on PC, you can now update it to Gauntlet: Slayer Edition via the handy magic of digital downloads. Doing so gives you access to a host of new content, visual upgrades, and rebalancing tweaks. Check out the list below to see what this no-cost upgrade tosses your way.
- New enemy types added, and existing foes have some new abilities to enhance the mayhem.
- Gauntlet combatants can change special abilities by equipping different weapon ‘Load-outs’ in the Lobby screen.
- Heroes now have their own Unique Potion Abilities to wreak further destruction on their foes within the Gauntlet.
- A new game mode called ‘Endless’ has been added so combatants can test their might against the limitless hordes.
- Relics no longer require a potion to use! Instead, they now work with a ‘Cool-down’ system.
- No more hub. Now it's a map!
- Difficulty has been re-balanced.
- Artwork, gameplay, and UI updates to make things a little prettier.
Gauntlet: Slayer Edition is currently available to download. It supports online co-op for up to four players.