"Marvel Knights: Curse of the Vampire," the first DLC pack for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order, arrived yesterday. While parts of the DLC, such as the four new characters (Blade, Morbius, Moon Knight, and Punisher), are only available if you've purchased the $20 Expansion Pass, some things are available to all players regardless. Let's break it down.
If you own Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and don't have the Expansion Pass, here's what's been added in the 2.0 update:
- Nightmare Mode - a new way to play through the campaign and is recommended for a party of characters level 40 and higher. Some enemies in the game have been infected by a "vampire curse," which may cause them to be revived upon defeat and granting them new powers. Defeating these enemies will grant you S.H.I.E.L.D. token that can be spent at the...
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Depot - a new in-game store where you can buy new voice lines, costumes (for some characters), experience cubes, ISO-8s, and ISO-8 fragments.
- Gauntlet Mode - part of this new mod is available to players that haven't purchased the expansion pass.
- Seven New Costumes - Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, and Hulk.
- Updated Alliance Enhancement Grid - a new hexagon has been added and you can now reset the enhancement points spent per hexagon.
- Character Level Cap Raised to 150 (previously 100)
- Various Bug Fixes and Quality-Of-Life Tweaks
Alright, so that's everything you get for free, how about if you shelled out the $20? Well, basically, you'll be able to unlock the four new characters by going through the full Gauntlet mode. The new mode tasks players with completing a series of stages with different challenges, such as beating a boss or defeating enemies within a certain time limit; think "Infinity Rift" challenges but strung together. It's pretty fun, especially in co-op. Once you beat a Gauntlet, you can then play through it in the "Survival" mode where you just bop 'til you drop!
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order is available on the Nintendo Switch.