Streets of Rage 4 is still schedule to launch this Spring, and with it the continuation of one of the greatest co-op series of all time. While the game was famous for its overall gameplay, lasting visuals, and co-op goodness - it's the music that has stuck with the series over the years. Today the game's publisher has unveiled all that is going into the soundtrack.
It was announced that Olivier Derivière, the composer behind soundtracks for A Plague Tale: Innocence, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, and Dying Light 2 is serving as Streets of Rage 4’s main composer with the addition of an impressive roster of video game musicians.
- Olivier Derivière (Dying Light 2, A Plague Tale: Innocence, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, GreedFall, Vampyr ...)
- Yūzō Koshiro (Streets of Rage 1, 2 & 3, Ys I & II, Sonic the Hedgehog, The Revenge of Shinobi, Shenmue I & II, Super Smash Bros. Brawl for 3DS and Wii U & Ultimate, ActRaiser 1 & 2 ...)
- Motohiro Kawashima (Streets of Rage 2 & 3, Shinobi II, Batman Returns ...)
- Yoko Shimomura (Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, Kingdom Hearts I, II & III, Super Mario RPG, Legend of Mana, Parasite Eve ...)
- Keiji Yamagishi (Ninja Gaiden, Tecmo Bowl, Captain Tsubasa ...)
- Harumi Fujita (Final Fight, Mega Man 3, Bionic Commando, Strider, Ghosts ‘n Goblins, Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers, Tomba! ...)
- Scattle (Hotline Miami 1 & 2)
- Das Mörtal (Hotline Miami 2)
- XL Middleton
You can listen to four tracks right now on SoundCloud. The four player couch and online co-op game will be out this spring on Xbox One, PC, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. We'll be jamming to these beats until then.