Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Gearbox and 2K's quirky fantasy-themed Borderlands spinoff, is set to debut on March 25. We've got plenty of new details to share about the game, but the most exciting one has to be that the PlayStation version of Tiny Tina's Wonderlands will support crossplay with other platforms, something that Borderlands 3 on PlayStation does not do at present. Xbox and PC will support crossplay as well, so crossplay co-op adventures are in the cards for everybody.
First announced in June last year, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands is a first-person loot shooter, just like Borderlands. This game, however, is set within a pen-and-paper role-playing session run by Tiny Tina herself. Up to four adventurers can team up to thwart the evil Dragon Lord (not to be confused with Dragon Quest's Dragonlord). Along the way, our heroes will gain levels, scavenge for loot, and enjoy the silly/cool style that Borderlands is known for.
Six main classes will be available at launch. Players will also be able to combine two classes for some serious character customization.
- Brr-Zerkers: Tenacious Frost-infused bruisers who complement their firepower with an onslaught of brutal, up-close-and-personal melee attacks. Brr-Zerkers are specialists of Melee and Frost damage.
- Stabbomancers: Sneaky, Critical-hit-focused assassins who summon magic whirling blades to the battlefield and disappear into the shadows at will. Stabbomancers specialize in Critical Hits and Status Effects.
- Spellshots: Gun-toting wizards who can unleash a constant barrage of spells and bullets and transform their enemies into harmless livestock with the snap of a finger. Spellshots are all about combining Spells with Guns.
- Clawbringers: Faithful warriors who bring down thunder and flames upon their enemies with a spectral hammer alongside their fire-breathing Wyvern Companion. Clawbringers focus on Fire and Lightning damage.
- Graveborn: Death-touched acolytes who sacrifice health to unleash devastating Dark Magic attacks and become the phantasmal Reaper of Bones. The Graveborn is a master of Kill Skills, Spells, and Dark Magic.
- Spore Warden: Masters of nature who summon tornadoes and launch volleys of arcane arrows into enemy lines alongside their toxin-spewing Mushroom Companion. They are Gun and Companion specialists.
The core endgame experience of Tiny Tina's Wonderlands will be the Chaos Chambers. These runs contain a total of six randomized dungeon rooms, a miniboss fight, and a main boss fight. When players clear a room, they'll choose between two portals that lead to different rooms. Other factors include:
- Crystals: During the Chaos Chamber run, players can collect and utilize Crystals to earn more rewards. Players can amass Crystals by smashing a crystalline, rainbow-glowing die that spawns after completing a room, and by completing optional side objectives that are randomly assigned to each room;
- Blessings: By collecting enough Crystals to activate an altar, players can receive Blessings, ranging from increased critical damage or ammo capacity, to melee attack and movement speed buffs, and more;
- Curses: The polar opposite of Blessings, Curses are debuffs that last the rest of the run and can make it that much harder for players to survive—but with higher risk comes better rewards.
Completing a Chaos Chamber will reward players with loot and Moon Orbs. These orbs are used to re-roll enchantments on hear. Players can also feed Crystals to rabbit statues in order to gain unique rewards.
Season Pass DLC
As with previous Borderlands titles, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands will offer a season pass. The season pass can be bought separately or bundled with the Chaotic Great Edition of the game.
The Season Pass will offer four DLC releases over time. These "content drops" begin in an area called Dreamveil Overlook. There, a fortuneteller will send adventurers to illusory environments consisting of five levels and a new boss. The bosses will gain strength over time, which seems to mean that they level up after successful playthroughs. Lost Souls earned from DLC areas can be spent to spin a wheel for Legendary weapons and items.
At launch, the season pass comes with the Butt Stallion cosmetic item pack. Post-launch DLC will also add an unrevealed seventh class to the game. Finally, purchased DLC areas and bosses will be added to the Chaos Chamber, expanding the endgame experience.
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands cooperative multiplayer will consist of 2-player split-screen co-op on Xbox and PlayStation. 4-player LAN on PC, and 4-player online co-op on all platforms. As mentioned before, Xbox, PlayStation, and PC players will be able to team up via crossplay!
Preorder Tiny Tina's Wonderlands on consoles to get the Golden Hero Armor Pack DLC. The game launches on Friday, March 25. The Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions cost $59.99, whereas the Xbox Series S|X and PlayStation 5 versions cost $69.99. The Steam store page hasn't opened up preorders as of this writing.