PAW Patrol is a super successful CG animated series that has been running for ten seasons now. The story follows a young boy and his team of heroic dogs as they get in little adventures. The premise naturally lends itself to video games, the latest of which will be titled PAW Patrol World. This one will allow two local players to team up and save the PAW Patrol Day festivities from the nefarious Kitten Catastrophe Crew.
PAW Patrol World is a 3D open-world platformer featuring:
- 8 playable characters: Chase, Skye, Marshall, Rubble, Rocky, Zuma, Tracker, and Everest
- Each pup is equipped with their own unique abilities and usable vehicles.
- The world is filled with collectibles and secrets that unlock missions and progression items to customize characters and vehicles.
- Players can collect skins, emojis and stickers.
- Explore solo or team up with two-person couch co-op.
- The Mayor's Chickaletta Art Exhibition: Unlock artwork to help her complete the art collection featuring the mayor's beloved chicken.
- Fully voiced
- Intuitive controls and allows younger players to safely explore, play and follow a mission
While I've never seen the show, PAW Patrol World sounds like it will be a good family-friendly title. Outright Games (who also developed My Friend Peppa Pig) has made several PAW Patrol titles already, so you can expect a polished experience from their latest entry. It will be nice to see some dogs that don't bark for hours and annoy the whole neighborhood while people are trying to work!
PAW Patrol World will be released on September 29 on Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, and Steam.