Team17's first furniture moving game, Moving Out, was a delightful local co-op party game somewhat akin to Overcooked. Moving Out 2 looks like it will capture all of the fun of the original and expand in a big way thanks to the addition of 4-player online co-op. We won't have to wait long to find out for ourselves, because the game will launch on August 15 and can be preordered now.
In Moving Out 2, players will choose from a variety of unlockable movers and then get to work as a F.A.R.T. (don't ask). In each level, the goal is to move a variety of furniture, packages, and other objects to the designated area(s) within the time limit. Players can grab, throw, jump, and even slap things as they work on each job. Some objects, like sofas, can only be moved by two players working together, so the game really is co-op friendly. A variety of accessibility options ensure that players of all skill levels can join in the fun, and both 4-player local and online co-op will make it easier than ever to move stuff with friends.
Playable demos for Moving Out 2 are available on Switch and Steam. The demo offers six diverse levels set in locations like a farm and a wizard's castle. It's definitely worth a try if you're curious about what all the fuss is [moving] about.
Steam players can opt for the PC exclusive digital deluxe edition, which offers:
- Moving Out 2 base game
- The Art & Design of Moving Out 2: A 250+ page digital art book
- Jumbo Super Silly Activity Book: A digital kids activity book
- Behind the Scenes Commentary: Over 4 hrs of behind-the-scenes commentary on the making of Moving Out 2 from SMG, Brad Gentle the composer and Sub Zero the sound design team
- 3D Printable Models: Print your own movers
- Soundtrack: 24 Original Tracks composed for the game
Moving Out 2 will launch on August 15 on Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, and Steam. Preorder it now (on everything but PlayStation) for $29.99 to get the F.A.R.Tastic Four Pack of bonus characters for free.