If there's one thing we can all agree on, it's that while Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2 and 3 have been available on consoles for a while, the first game has not. Xbox, PlayStation, and Switch gamers have been missing out on that sizzlin' original action for all these years, forced to play the (presumably improved) sequels instead. That will finally change this fall, because Vertigo Gaming has officially announced the very first Cook, Serve, Delicious! for Xbox, PlayStation, and Switch, complete with local co-op.
The first Cook, Serve, Delicious! features:
- Tag Team Local Multiplayer- Grab some controllers and play up to four players locally as you take turns manning the chef station in Battle Kitchen. You only have fifteen seconds to cook, and five seconds to explain to the next cook what to do first! Good luck!
- Strike Challenges- Take on twelve brand new challenges on your own or up to four players tag team with adjustable difficulty settings. Warning: these challenges can be extremely difficult!
- Endurance Mode- For one player or up to four Tag Team players, Endurance Mode has you making as many foods as possible perfectly, all while having to answer Chef Risotto's calls and switching out menu items and upgrading them while you're cooking. How long can you last? Also includes the new eSports Endurance Challenge, an event that ups the difficulty to an extreme degree!
- Co-op Campaign- Play the campaign mode with a friend using your current save! One person is the expediter, who must give orders to the chef and send them out when they're fully cooked, and the other is the chef, unable to choose orders but must cook or do anything the expediter gives them. Tag each other to switch positions on the fly, and make your way from a zero star cafe to a five star restaurant! (co-op can be enabled or disabled at any time in the main menu of the campaign mode).
- Music by award winning composer Jonathan Geer
- Art by Sara Gross - Two Bit Art (Battle Kitchen art by Camille Kuo)
No specific details about the console ports have been released, but they should be more or less the same as the existing PC version. Note that Cook, Serve, Delicious: Re-Mustard!, an enhanced remake of the original game, is also in the works for a 2024 release.
Cook, Serve, Delicious! sells for $9.99 on Steam (where it's currently on sale for 75 percent off). Xbox, PlayStation, and Switch versions will arrive sometime this fall.