It's patch Tuesday...for Diablo 3. Blizzard has taken down the servers, uploaded a new build, and required you to enjoy its nerfing goodness in your game. Version 1.02 of Diablo 3 includes a host of new fixes and enhancements, including some balance tweaks to character skills in what looks and sounds very MMO. Expect to see quotes like this quite often.
Regarding the changes to Lingering Fog, Boon of Protection, and Force Armor: we determined these skills were simply more powerful than they should be, and we felt their impact on class balance and how each class was perceived warranted hotfixes as soon as we were able.
Of course when I went to log in to enjoy the game with a short 30 minutes of free time, I was greeted with a hung login screen and a missing character after almost 5 minutes of waiting. Maybe they patched Error 37 out of the game? I guess I'll play the game another day.
Other changes include balancing out the inferno difficulty, making rare items more clear that they were actually rare, and changes to the crafting system.
Here's the full change log:
- Players will now automatically join General chat when logging in
- Active Skills
- Skill Rune - Tranquility
- Duration of immunity granted to nearby allies from crowd control effects reduced from 2 seconds to 1 second
- Mantra of Healing (tooltips will be updated in a later patch)
- In addition to increasing Life regeneration for you and nearby allies while active, Mantra of Healing will now also shroud you and nearby allies with a mystical shield that absorbs damage for 3 seconds after activiation (up to a limited amount, based on level)
- Skill Rune - Boon of Protection
- Boon of Protection has been renamed Boom of Inspiration
- Mantra of Healing will now heal you when dealing damage to an enemy (heal amount will be based on hero level)
- Players should no longer receive an "Error 14009" when logging in
- The "Select a Hero" menu will now also display the difficulty level for each character
- Several speed improvements have been made to the streaming downloader
- All players in a party should now receive "Till Death Do Us Part" even if they don’t have Haedrig Eamon as their active follower
- Act IV
- Witch Doctors should no longer receive an error if they kill a Shadow Clone with a Damage-Over-Time (DoT) skill after it's launched a Firebomb but before it's reached its target
- Auction House
- The auction log in the Completed tab will now display a player's activity (bids, buyouts, sales, etc) in the proper order
- When placing a new bid over a previous bid on the same auction, players will now be provided with the correct warning message: "Raising your maximum bid on an Auction you are already winning raises your current bid to just above your previous maximum bid. Are you sure you want to continue?"
- Players will now receive an error message if they attempt to purchase an item after the 50 item limit has been reached in the Completed tab
- The "Physical Damage" Preferred Stats option for rings has been renamed to "Bonus Minimum Physical Damage"
- The "All Damage" Preferred Stats option for weapons and armor has been removed and replaced with bonuses of specific damage types
- Items which have been purchased from a vendor and equipped by the player can now be sold on the Auction House
- Listing items on the Auction House from a different character than the one currently selected should no longer cause item display issues
- The public chat list will now sort alphabetically
- Witch Doctor
- Spirit Vessel (Passive) no longer clears debuffs when using waypoints or changing equipment