It's everybody's favorite time of a videogame's release life cycle, when the pre-order bonuses and collector's editions are announced. Gears of War 4, the upcoming co-op game on Xbox one, has gotten the same treatment with a standard, ultimate and collector's edition revealed today along with new screens of the characters, executions and environments.
Up first is the Gears of War 4 Ultimate Edition, which will run you $99.
Ultimate Edition includes:
- Gears of War 4 ($59.99 USD value)
- Gears of War 4 Season Pass ($49.99 USD value)
- Includes exclusive Vintage VIP Pack featuring Vintage JD and two Vintage weapon skins, permanent access to 24 additional DLC maps (two per month for a year) for private play on dedicated servers, an exclusive Developer Playlist that grants access to new maps, modes, and features that can be tested prior to broad release and six Gear Packs (which unlock character and weapon skins, emblems, equipment and boosts)
- A limited edition SteelBook®
- Early Access to Gears of War 4 on Friday, Oct. 7, 2016, four days before the game’s worldwide launch.
If you're wallet runs a little deeper you might opt for the Collector's Edition which features everything in the Ultimate as well as a TriForce statue of JD Fenix for $249.99
Now here's the slick thing. If you're an Amazon Prime member you get 20% off. Which means you save a full $50 off the price of this collector's edition. That's already half the cost of Prime for one year! Follow this link to sign up for Amazon Prime if you aren't a member already and help support Co-Optimus!
Gears of War 4 is out on October 11th exclusively on Xbox One. It features a two player co-op campaign as well as online co-op versus bots.