Castle Crashers is probably the best side-scrolling beat-em-up in recent memory, if not all time. The XBLA version just got a little better as The Behemoth has finally published a second title update, fixing many of the game’s longstanding issues. The update also introduces a new piece of DLC, the Pink Knight pack. And it’s free! (The Pink Knight has been available as paid DLC in the PSN version since February.)
My only complaint is that these changes come so late in the game’s lifespan. The cheat fixes in particular should have been implemented long, long ago. Still, the new DLC and other changes provide a great incentive to get back into the game. Castle Crashers co-op never gets old.
Castle Crashers XBLA Title Update 2 Changes
- Download the Pink Knight (complete with new weapons!) in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace, FOR FREE!!!!!!! ($1.00 donated to Keep A Breast Foundation with each of the first 50,000 downloads)
- Download the Blacksmith Pack for 160 Microsoft Points. Once shrouded in mystery, the legend of the Blacksmith becomes a reality. Wielding miniature antlered frogs, burning hammers of justice and springboard contraptions, this warrior is much like William Wallace (ala Braveheart), but purple and definitely not Mel Gibson.
- Added a Team vs Team feature to Player Match Arena (as opposed to the current free-for-all).
- Earn two new Avatar Awards—Cardinal Animal Orb and Knight Helmet!
- Ability to check Player’s Gamer Cards in Xbox LIVE matches.
- Main menu News Ticker for all of your latest Castle Crashers and Behemoth Updates!
Notable Bug Fixes:
- Level 256 cheat resolved (more info available on request).
- Data copy glitch (more info available on request).
- Sandworm experience glitch (more info available on request).
- Wedding Crashers progression save now fixed when user leaves game play in flowery fields.
- Smoothed Alien Hominid’s Splash Magic when traveling over water.
- Slowed down Iceskimo’s power drainage from magic.
- More effects added to elemental attacks for Alien Hominid, Demon and Iceskimo!
- If your character dies, your Animal Orbs can no longer fight without you.
- Fixed floating characters in Beefy Arena when grabbed.
- Sandwiches can now be picked up after Volcano Boss fight.
The Pink Knight was born out of the Xbox LIVE Arcade community. The Pink Knight was a myth when Castle Crashers released and the fans believed in it so much that myth became reality – a completely FREE reality available now for your own personal realities.
With each of the first 50,000 downloads of the Pink Knight we are donating $1.00 to the Keep A Breast Foundation to raise breast cancer detection and prevention awareness.
Thanks to Co-Optimus forum member fignutz32 for the tip!