Arcen Games has a solid track record for co-op gamers. With all three of their major releases now supporting co-op play (AI War, Tidalis, and A Valley Without Wind) - it should come as no surprise their next game will also support co-op play. Called Shattered Haven, Arcen's next game continues the trend that each title they tackle is vastly different from the previous. This time the game is being touted as an action adventure with some rogue-like qualities.
- Grays aren't your typical zombies -- they have a lore all their own, and theirs is a very different sort of apocalypse than Zed's.
- Environmental puzzles make up most of the gameplay. Figure out how to use the tools, traps, and weapons in each level to clear all the Grays.
- Follow the story of Darrell and Mary as they try to save their family from a new and unexpected threat. Both in-game storytelling and painted-style cutscenes.
- Multiple endings! Depending on your actions, the story may end very poorly, happily, or somewhere in between.
- Over 100 hand-crafted levels. Two very experienced adventure level designers are designing the adventure from end to end.
- Included level editor! The same editor used to make the main adventure will let you make your own levels, cutscenes, or even entire adventures.
- Local 2-player co-op. Using two gamepads, two players on the keyboard, or any combination of the above.
The style of the game is a top down view with pixel-art style graphics. The graphics are being created by the same studio, Heavy Cat Media, that are doing the A Valley Without Wind overhaul. The truly amazing thing about Shattered Haven is it's only a few weeks away from Beta at this point. And after that only a few more weeks until release.
On the co-op side of things the game will support two player local co-op with gamepads and/or keyboard. Here's a teaser trailer.