We've been so excited for WayForward's new run-and-gun shooter, Spidersaurs, that we interviewed the developer ahead of release day. Spidersaurs lets players arm up and blast away at a variety of freaky dino-spider hybrids. It's a deliberately cartoon-like concept that allows for colorful characters and levels, not to mention widely varied and unique monster baddies. Spidersaurs has finally launched on all major platforms, complete with 2-player local co-op.
In Spidersaurs, the questionably benevolent InGest Corp has genetically engineered a huge array of dinosaur/spider hybrids as a new miracle food supply. One day, things go awry, however, with the titular creatures turning on their creators and threatening to run amok. Only a pair of human volunteers (one a punk guitarist and the other a police cadet) whose abilities have been enhanced by eating Spidersaur meat can step in and save the day.
- Intense, Saturday-morning-cartoon-style action for one or two players — complete with theme song and epic intro from Powerhouse Animation!
- Two distinct playable characters: punk rocker Victoria and officer-in-training Adrian!
- Unleash awesome firepower — everything from spread guns and lasers to detonating footballs and bass-heavy electronica! Twelve weapons in all!
- Explosive environments including volcanoes, jungles, laboratories, and more!
- A menagerie of unique and terrifying Spidersaurs to battle!
- Unlock new abilities as you advance through the InGest Corp facility!
- Three difficulty settings: Well Done, Medium, and Rare!
- Unlockable arcade mode and speedrun mode!
- Soundtrack by legendary Japanese composer Harumi Fujita!
- From the developers of Contra 4!