The first Smurfs game from, Microids, The Smurfs: Mission Vileaf, slipped under our radar back in 2021. Perhaps it was the weird subtitle? Still, Mission Vileaf was actually a really solid 3D platformer and a treat for fans of the franchise. Fast-forwarding a bit, The Smurfs 2: The Prisoner of the Green Stone will attempt to recapture the magic when it arrives this November. Like the first game, it will feature 2-player local co-op.
The goal in The Prisoner of the Green Stone is to recover the pieces of the creatively named Green Stone that have been scattered across the Cursed Land. The playable Smurfs must use an invention called the SmurfoMix (a gun-like device) to battle monsters called the Solas while seeking out the pieces of the stone.
- Meet the team of iconic Smurfs: Handy Smurf, Brainy Smurf, Clumsy Smurf, and Smurfstorm!
- For the first time in a video game, collaborate with Gargamel to save the Smurf Village! Use teleporters to travel through the Cursed Land and discover 3 new, unexplored regions.
- Enjoy dynamic gameplay with exploration, platforming, and even more intense combat thanks to the SmurfoMix!
- Collect various resources to acquire the BoostiBoom and upgrade the Smurfomix throughout the adventure!
- Embark on the adventure with a partner, friends or family in co-op mode.
In the first game, the second player controlled a flying robot helper rather than playing as their own Smurf. This was probably done to avoid the need for implementing split-screen. Microids hasn't shared the specifics of The Prisoner of the Green Stone's co-op, but it probably works the same way as last time.
The Smurfs 2: The Prisoner of the Green Stone will Smurf things up digitally on Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, and Steam on November 2. US retail editions will arrive on November 14 for $49.99. Preorder the Xbox, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Switch physical editions from Amazon.